Jen Minkman - YA Paranormal and Dystopian Author: Poetry sells!

maandag 29 april 2013

Poetry sells!

... at least, when you're selling some other stuff, too. I always hear authors talk about how having a lot of books for sale out there helps to sort of 'cross-pollinate' your sales: once a reader likes one of your books, they tend to buy more books written by you. Unfortunately, Shadow of Time is currently the only YA Paranormal novel I have on Amazon. More will follow, but not until December 2013, so no cross-pollination there.

Imagine my surprise when I suddenly saw a small spike in sales of my poetry chapbook 'Songlines'! (and by small I mean, from zero to 4 sales a month :) Heck, someone even BORROWED it - in the Kindle Owners Lending Library, you're entitled to borrow one free book a month, and someone chose my chapbook. Unfathomable.

I can't wait to see what happens when I actually DO publish books in a similar genre. My next gig will be a YA Dystopian Novella called The Island - available from June 1st onward. Not exactly the same genre, but at least it's YA. I'll keep you posted!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten